At Integrity Car Care, we do speedy and affordable oil changes, as well as automotive lubrication. Your vehicle’s fluids such as engine oil, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant, transmission fluid and power steering fluid are vital to keeping your vehicle fully functioning. Fluids should be checked and replaced on a regular basis, they should be kept in good shape and free from particles.
Vehicle fluid overview:
- Transmission fluid helps keep your vehicle’s transmission running smoothly without sliding
- Antifreeze and coolant avoids your engine overheating/freezing
- Brake fluid aids the braking system by transferring force into pressure and amplifies braking force
- Power-steering fluid transmits power in power-steering allowing your vehicle to steer more easily
How often should I have my fluids checked?
Vehicle fluids require routine check-ups. Call our Integrity Car Care representatives, we are happy to assist with any specific questions you may have. Remember you want to avoid vehicle fluids from burning, running out, or collecting debris. Having a proper maintenance routine will ensure a longer life for your vehicle.
Bring your vehicle in regularly to ensure all fluids are:
- Void of cracks
- Flushed and changed
- Filled to the appropriate level
If you notice your vehicle leaking fluids, here are some tips to help determine what might be causing the issue:
- Automatic Transmission fluid is normally a deep red shade, smells pungent and its texture is thick.
- Transmission fluid should be checked every 30,000 miles
- Radiator fluid is bright green and the texture is very slippery.
- Radiator fluid should be checked regularly
- Motor oil can either be bright or dark brown color varies on how often you change it.
- Motor oil is best to change every 3,000-5,000 miles
- Antifreeze, or coolant, can be pink or green. Please note this fluid is highly unsafe for your pets, consuming this fluid can most likely result in major health risks.
- Antifreeze should be checked every routine oil change
- Brake fluid is light yellow and can change to a cloudy brown when mixed with water.
- Brake Fluid should be changed throughout the year
- Power steering fluid is yellow
- Power steering fluid can be checked with routine oil change
- Gasoline has a golden hue but is most easily detected by its distinct smell. Gasoline is highly flammable; lighters, matches, cigarettes or any open fire should be avoided.
- Windshield washer fluid can be an assortment of colors, pink, bright turquoise, or yellow or orange. Its consistency resembles water and may give off a sweet smell.
- Windshield washer fluid should be checked on a regular basis
Contact Integrity Car Care to schedule your fluid inspection or replacement today. Integrity Car Care is delighted to be your local auto repair center in the Pilot Point & Crossroads, TX area.